- Stand up for all books, even those you may not like.
- Speak up for the First Amendment and the right to read.
- Attend school board, PTA, library meetings, or public hearings where book bans are being discussed
- Write letters to your local administrators, politicians and newspapers supporting the right to read. Remind officials that no one has the right to restrict access to books.
- Report censorship to the American Library Association; .the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund by dialing 1-800-99-CBLDF; or the National Coalition Against Censorship.
Banned Books Week 2021 takes place September 26 to October 2. Use these ALA assets and the following hashtags when speaking out on social media: